Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Frozen Fire

He leaps with grace, like a raging fire.
His feet move through the snow with as much ease as a fox
His body twists like the fingers of heat that grasp at my heart
My soul is caught in the frozen surroundings.

His eyes burn with the intensity of the sun
My stone-cold heart begins to melt
His love is passionate, like that of a warm summer's evening
My spine is shaken with a shiver of coolness

The environment, frozen, around him
Is changed by his presence
The faces made of cold steel turn
The hearts of stone crack

His flame is bright and hot
But he is encased in a thick shell of ice
His movements are restricted by the crystallizing setting
His fire fades

My hands reach from the desolate wasteland
When our skin collides
My flame ignites
And our dance begins
Our hearts entwined in a forever burning flame

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this. You're an amazing writer, especially of love poems. I'm so excited to read more of all your stuff.

    ReplyDelete